Parallel with the renovation of the Swan Pond surroundings and
the construction of the Concert Square a children’s playground
was installed in the park. The Youth Park, innovative for its
time, was introduced in 1936–1937 by the State Parks Agency,
which was headed by Peeter Päts, brother of the Head of State
This was a place where children could make the most of their free time under the supervision of competent instructors. Swimming sessions were held in the pools in front of the main building; playgrounds were used for ball games and rhythm sports. Music classes and nature lessons were taught. The Youth Park and its attractions were renovated in 2007. The low main building (pavilion) with wooden towers, designed by Alar Kotli and Villem Seidra, had dressing rooms and showers, storage rooms for games and sports equipment, offices and apartments.
A sports school used the facilities during the Soviet era. Over
time, the various outbuildings, pools and spectator stands were
demolished. The renovation of the main building was finished in
2009 and the house was handed over to the interactive children’s
museum Miia-Milla-Manda (now Children’s Museum Miiamilla),
a branch of the Tallinn City Museum. The interior designer of
the museum was Maile Grünberg.